- 2 cup white chick peas (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoon chana daal (split bengal gram) - washed and drained ; (optional)
- 2 Ganesha Foods black cardamom cloves
- 1 whole Ganesha Foods cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon tea leaves (orange pekoe)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Ganesha Foods ginger powder
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Ganesha Foods onion powder
- 1 /2 tablespoon garlic paste / Ganesha Foods garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon Ganesha Foods coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Ganesha Foods garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Ganesha Foods red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Ganesha Foods chana masala
- Make a small bundle by tying the cardamom, cinnamon stick and tea leaves in a piece of muslin cloth (make sure to tie a knot on the top).
- Add three cups of water in a pressure cooker and then add the white chick peas, chana daal, baking soda, salt plus put the bundle in the cooker as well. Now pressure cook for until 3 whistles on a medium flame.
- Turn off the heat and allow steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Discard the bundle and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat the oil and add the onions and garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Now add green chillies and ginger powder, onion powder and stir.
- Now add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, chana masala and mix well. Cook for 1 minute and keep stirring.
- Add the white chick peas along with the water from the pressure cooker and add salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 15 minutes or till little water is left in the pan. Keep stirring.
- Garnish with coriander/ cilantro leaves and serve hot with naan bread or rice :)